Claims Management & Adjusting Ltd (CMA) is the UK’s oldest loss adjuster specialising in vehicle-related insurance claims.
Since 1994, we have managed, investigated and resolved tens of thousands of claims, including complex theft, collision and personal injury cases.
Fundamental to our success is an underlying respect for the truth; fair and balanced reporting, anchored on facts and supported by professional customer service.
We have built our reputation on handling the most challenging Highway, Road Traffic Collision (RTC), Third-Party Property Damage (TPPD) and Vehicle Theft claims. In each case, our highly trained staff focus on establishing verifiable facts.
For more on The CMA Way, and the three strands of CMA DNA: Expertise, Ethos & Vehicle Data, please click here.
For Motor Policyholders
Our industry-leading approach means the less honest think twice before progressing their claims. It also ensures that genuine claimants are reassured – they quickly understand they are in the hands of adjusters familiar with the environment and able to assist. What may initially appear suspect can often be quickly reconciled.
For advice on how to progress a claim, please see our HELP page, which now includes a handy downloadable checklist.
Vehicle Claims: Facts & Figures
- The average cost of car insurance in the UK in Q1 2023 was £657 (Source: Confused.com)
- There were over 31 million motorcycles and cars registered in Great Britain in 2021 (Source: Statista.com)
- There are over 125,000 road accidents in Great Britain every year (Source: Comparethemarket.com)
- There are approx. 100,000 vehicle thefts every year in the UK (Source: CMA FOIA request to DVLA)
- 1 million car insurance claims were settled in 2020 (Source: Association of British Insurers)
- Total insurance claim payouts of £8.3 billion in 2020 (Source: Association of British Insurers)
- Insurers detected 89,000 dishonest insurance claims valued at £1.1 billion in 2021 (Source: Association of British Insurers)
CMA in the News
We are frequently quoted in the media, with our managing director, Philip Swift, one of the UK’s most respected commentators on vehicle claims issues e.g.
- CMA on inflated road repair costs in Autocar.
- CMA on stolen vehicle recovery rates in AutoExpress.
- CMA on vehicle theft costs in Insurance Times.
CMA is proud to hold a green final assurance rating – the highest possible Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) award for use of its vehicle Keeper at the Date of an Event (KADOE) service. We are audited every two years on criteria including data security.
On the new Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Consumer Duty standard, Malcolm Clemitson, Claims & Compliance Director at Eridge Underwriting Agency, said: “CMA have been extremely proactive with regards to the rules and spirit of the FCA’s new Consumer Duty standards. We had no hesitation in agreeing their work in this critical area which made already efficient processes even more transparent, to the benefit of our policyholders.”
If you have any questions about CMA, or queries regarding vehicle claims, please do not hesitate to contact us.